Traveling during the Covid-19 pandemic
Traveling during Covid-19:
Please make sure to check the current travel regulations and requirements before your travel. Below you find the link to the local authorities for up-to-date information. Please check the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) or the Canadian government’s official travel guidance to get the recent updates. Not proceeding according to the regulations may result in the passenger being denied boarding.
We regularly adjust the FlixBus network and adapt it to demand and current regulations, in compliance with special safety measures. Please also check our Safety Measures.
The safety and well-being for you, our drivers, partners, and employees is our top priority and while we are doing our part, you play a key role to ensure that you and all passengers on board travel safely. Please make sure to read and comply with our safety measures:
- Before booking, check that your desired trip is possible. Make sure to follow your local health authority as well as government recommendations and regulations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available onboard. Our recommendation for the customers is to bring a personal hand sanitizer for use before, during and after the journey.
To ensure your journey is as pleasant and safe as possible, here is an overview of the measures we are taking to provide you with the highest hygienic standards:
Bus cleaning routines:
- Disinfection is carried out of the vehicle after each ride, in accordance with the WHO's guidelines and regulations.
- Additional disinfection of key touchpoints is performed regularly with the antiviral disinfectant.
- Toilets will remain open for use and are disinfected and cleaned regularly.
- The vehicle is ventilated before and after each ride.
Boarding and Disembarking:
- Seats in the first row behind the driver must remain unoccupied.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Digital passenger check-in for a contactless boarding experience.
- Additional up-to-date safety instructions are given by the driver for boarding and disembarking the vehicle.
- Disinfection for child seats is available upon request.
How do I get information on my trip?
If there would be any changes to your trip, FlixBus will actively inform you via email or SMS, so there is no need to contact our customer service. Please be sure to enter a valid email address and telephone number in the booking so that we can contact you.
Our customer support is available to you via the contact form and the customer support line. Please note that due to the current number of requests we receive, the processing time of a request or waiting time to connect with the operator may be longer than usual.
We encourage you to review our FAQs if you have further questions.
How can I request a refund?
If your connection gets cancelled or changed due to current travel restrictions, we will contact you via email and give detailed information as soon as possible. If you would like to cancel your ticket due to a change in your travel plans, follow the instructions here.