Cheap bus tickets from Washington, D.C. to Atlanta, GAfrom $24.99
Comfort on board
On this page
Bus stations and stops in Washington, D.C.
Washington DC (Union Station)
Washington, D.C. 20002
Washington, D.C. 20814
Washington DC (Dupont Circle)
Washington, D.C. 20009
Washington, D.C. 20850
Washington, D.C. 22209
Bus stations and stops in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Bus Station
Atlanta, GA 30303
Atlanta Downtown (Civic Center)
Atlanta, GA 30308
Atlanta, GA 30296
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to take a bike on the bus from Washington to Atlanta?
When is the cheapest time to book a bus ticket from Washington to Atlanta?
Where can I see if my bus from Washington to Atlanta is on time?
How can I pay for the bus from Washington to Atlanta?
What route does the bus from Washington to Atlanta take?
How much is the bus ticket between Washington and Atlanta?
What is the distance between Washington and Atlanta?
How long does it take from Washington to Atlanta by bus?
Find the cheapest buses from Washington to Atlanta
Getting from Washington to Atlanta is cheap and easy when you travel with FlixBus. The two cities are 651 miles apart and traveling between the two takes as fast as 12 hours 20 minutes.
FlixBus tickets are always good value, but you can save even more money by booking online in advance. Book on the website or our FlixBus App in minutes, then simply use your phone as your ticket to board the bus.
Bus tickets between Washington and Atlanta cost $39.99 on average, but you can get tickets for as low as $19.99 if you book in advance and/or outside of busy travel times, like weekends and holidays.
We have a large network of 200 destinations, so you can trust us to take you from your desired departure city to your destination in comfort and style - all for great value.
Traveling from Washington to Atlanta
It's easy to get from Washington to Atlanta with FlixBus, with 5 direct buses per day. The first bus is at 12:35 am and the last bus leaves at 10:40 pm, giving you options to suit every schedule.
You can expect a minimum of 4.0 stops on your journey. It can take a minimum time of 12 hours 20 minutes.
Bus travel is the most environmentally friendly way to travel long distances and we're working to make it even greener with high environmental standards across our fleet of buses, the use of alternative drive and fuel technologies, and the option for all passengers to offset their carbon emissions at the point of buying a ticket.
The average cost of bus travel between Washington and Atlanta is $39.99, which makes bus travel far cheaper than any other method.
Taking the bus from Washington
Traveling from Washington and not familiar with it? Here's everything you need to know.
Washington is a transport hub with 5 bus station(s); the 65 connections departing from Washington every day take travelers both within the state and further afield.
Arriving in Atlanta
Traveling to Atlanta for the first time? Here's what you need to know:
Atlanta is very well connected to other destinations on the FlixBus network, with 124 connections arriving in one of the 3 bus station(s) of the city, giving you easy access to all corners of the country.
What to expect onboard the FlixBus bus from Washington to Atlanta
Getting from Washington to Atlanta aboard a FlixBus bus means traveling in comfort and style, with all the services you need to keep you occupied. Most of our buses include free Wi-Fi onboard, an entertainment system, toilets and power outlets.
You can bring one carry-on and one check-in piece of luggage per passenger, so even if you're taking a long trip, you don't need to worry about traveling light.
All ticket holders are guaranteed a seat on our buses but if you want to reserve a seat, you can do so at the time of booking. Choose from a classic seat, table seat, panorama seat or extra seat.
Just book online or on our FlixBus App when purchasing your ticket using any of our available payment methods.
Discover more popular bus connections
- Washington, D.C. - New York, NY
- New York, NY - Washington, D.C.
- Philadelphia, PA - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Philadelphia, PA
- Newark, NJ - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Newark, NJ
- Richmond, VA - Washington, D.C.
- Pittsburgh, PA - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Richmond, VA
- Washington, D.C. - Pittsburgh, PA
- Boston, MA - Washington, D.C.
- Atlanta, GA - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Atlanta, GA
- Washington, D.C. - Boston, MA
- Norfolk-Virginia Beach, VA - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Norfolk-Virginia Beach, VA
- Los Angeles, CA - Washington, D.C.
- Charlotte, NC - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Charlotte, NC
- Washington, D.C. - Chicago, IL
- New York, NY - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - New York, NY
- Atlanta, GA - Charlotte, NC
- Atlanta, GA - Savannah, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Orlando, FL
- Savannah, GA - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Nashville, TN
- Memphis, TN - Atlanta, GA
- Charlotte, NC - Atlanta, GA
- Nashville, TN - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Memphis, TN
- Atlanta, GA - Birmingham, AL
- Houston, TX - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Jacksonville, FL
- Jackson, MS - Atlanta, GA
- Jacksonville, FL - Atlanta, GA
- Orlando, FL - Atlanta, GA
- Montgomery, AL - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Houston, TX
- New Orleans, LA - Atlanta, GA
Onboard services are subject to availability