Cheap bus tickets from Richmond, VA to Albany, NYfrom $60.99
Comfort on board
On this page
Bus stations and stops in Richmond, VA
Richmond Bus Station
Richmond, VA 23230
Richmond (W Leigh St)
Richmond, VA 23220
Henrico (Parham Rd Park & Ride)
Richmond, VA 23233
Bus stations and stops in Albany, NY
Albany Bus Terminal, NY
Albany, NY 12207
Albany (SUNY Albany)
Albany, NY 12222
Albany International Airport
Albany, NY 12211
Rensselaer Train Station
Albany, NY 12144
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to take a bike on the bus from Richmond to Albany?
When is the cheapest time to book a bus ticket from Richmond to Albany?
Where can I see if my bus from Richmond to Albany is on time?
How can I pay for the bus from Richmond to Albany?
What route does the bus from Richmond to Albany take?
How much is the bus ticket between Richmond and Albany?
What is the distance between Richmond and Albany?
How long does it take from Richmond to Albany by bus?
Find the cheapest buses from Richmond to Albany
Getting from Richmond to Albany is cheap and easy when you travel with FlixBus. The two cities are 483 miles apart and traveling between the two takes as fast as 10 hours 10 minutes.
FlixBus tickets are always good value, but you can save even more money by booking online in advance. Book on the website or our FlixBus App in minutes, then simply use your phone as your ticket to board the bus.
Bus tickets between Richmond and Albany cost $114.99 on average, but you can get tickets for as low as $64.99 if you book in advance and/or outside of busy travel times, like weekends and holidays.
We have a large network of 200 destinations, so you can trust us to take you from your desired departure city to your destination in comfort and style - all for great value.
Traveling from Richmond to Albany
It's easy to get from Richmond to Albany with FlixBus, with 8 direct buses per day. The first bus is at 1:00 am and the last bus leaves at 10:50 pm, giving you options to suit every schedule.
It can take a minimum time of 10 hours 10 minutes.
Bus travel is the most environmentally friendly way to travel long distances and we're working to make it even greener with high environmental standards across our fleet of buses, the use of alternative drive and fuel technologies, and the option for all passengers to offset their carbon emissions at the point of buying a ticket.
The average cost of bus travel between Richmond and Albany is $114.99, which makes bus travel far cheaper than any other method.
Taking the bus from Richmond
Traveling from Richmond and not familiar with it? Here's everything you need to know.
Richmond is a transport hub with 3 bus station(s); the 59 connections departing from Richmond every day take travelers both within the state and further afield.
Arriving in Albany
Traveling to Albany for the first time? Here's what you need to know:
Albany is very well connected to other destinations on the FlixBus network, with 24 connections arriving in one of the 4 bus station(s) of the city, giving you easy access to all corners of the country.
What to expect onboard the FlixBus bus from Richmond to Albany
Getting from Richmond to Albany aboard a FlixBus bus means traveling in comfort and style, with all the services you need to keep you occupied. Most of our buses include free Wi-Fi onboard, an entertainment system, toilets and power outlets.
You can bring one carry-on and one check-in piece of luggage per passenger, so even if you're taking a long trip, you don't need to worry about traveling light.
All ticket holders are guaranteed a seat on our buses but if you want to reserve a seat, you can do so at the time of booking. Choose from a classic seat, table seat, panorama seat or extra seat.
Just book online or on our FlixBus App when purchasing your ticket using any of our available payment methods.
Discover more popular bus connections
- New York, NY - Richmond, VA
- Richmond, VA - New York, NY
- Richmond, VA - Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C. - Richmond, VA
- Norfolk-Virginia Beach, VA - Richmond, VA
- Philadelphia, PA - Richmond, VA
- Richmond, VA - Newark, NJ
- Richmond, VA - Baltimore, MD
- Richmond, VA - Norfolk-Virginia Beach, VA
- Richmond, VA - Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta, GA - Richmond, VA
- Newark, NJ - Richmond, VA
- Richmond, VA - Philadelphia, PA
- Charlottesville, VA - Richmond, VA
- Roanoke, VA - Richmond, VA
- Baltimore, MD - Richmond, VA
- Raleigh, NC - Richmond, VA
- Norfolk, VA - Richmond, VA
- Richmond, VA - Charlottesville, VA
- Lynchburg, VA - Richmond, VA
- Albany, NY - New York, NY
- New York, NY - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY - Boston, MA
- Boston, MA - Albany, NY
- Montreal, QC - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY - Philadelphia, PA
- Albany, NY - Montreal, QC
- Albany, NY - Washington, D.C.
- Newark, NJ - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY - Newark, NJ
- Albany, NY - Syracuse, NY
- Springfield, MA - Albany, NY
- Hartford, CT - Albany, NY
- Philadelphia, PA - Albany, NY
- Buffalo, NY - Albany, NY
- Plattsburgh, NY - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY - Springfield, MA
- Albany, NY - Buffalo, NY
- Ridgewood, NJ - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY - Burlington, VT
Onboard services are subject to availability